Social Media Marketing Intern
Maestro is seeking a social media marketing intern for a paid, summer-long program designed to expose the intern to real, client-facing work primarily in the field of marketing. We expect this internship to run from May through August 2020, but don’t worry—we can be flexible on the specifics.
Who we are
Maestro exists to help others perform beautifully. We believe that every problem can be impacted by design, technology, and people that care. That’s why we’ve packed these four walls with dreamers and doers ready to design meaningful experiences that help our partners, their people, and their brand perform beautifully. Our team works collaboratively to intentionally craft solutions for Branding & Marketing, Learning, Software, and Media.
Who you are
The word storyteller comes to mind, particularly when looking at your social media accounts. Personally, you take pride in the cleverness of your captions and you appreciate a well-curated aesthetic like your own. You think social media is a hustle that takes organization, planning, and strategy (some of your strengths). You might be enrolled in a program in Communications or Marketing, but whatever your background is there’s no doubt you love a good creative challenge. You’re consistent with your work, you have a knack for looking at ideas from many perspectives, you’re motivated at the thought of building community through thoughtful posting and interaction, you aren’t afraid to experiment, and you believe social media is a valuable business tool when used strategically.
What you’ll be doing on the Marketing Team
- Work closely with our Marketing and Media Teams to strategically represent the Maestro brand on social media
- Consistently posting to our social media accounts and proactively building our community
- Gather (and sometimes capture) content that best shows the Maestro personality + tone on relevant platforms
- Target and interact with strategic people + brands across social to build connections, and grow our following based on strategic criteria
- Create strategies around content development, interactions, and schedules
- Experiment, gather data, evaluate, and experiment again
- Present your work at the end of the internship
- Dedicate at least 20 hours to this internship per week
Talents we’re looking for
- Energy to own the brand’s activity—you’re not afraid to put yourself on social media as much as you’re behind it!
- Ability to approach social media strategically as a business driver
- Lively writing skills that can set context + showcase personality in fewer, easier-to-read characters—while maintaining proper-ish grammar
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to differences in personality + tone, platforms, and success of content
- Identifies as a self-motivated, go-getter, do-the-extra-mile type of person
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Confidence to contribute and take risks to keep the team on top of current trends
- Bonus if you have a developed social media presence to show off!
- Hourly compensation. We take your experience and talent level into great consideration
- Work/life balance. Life happens, and here you have the time and freedom to deal with it
- Endless snacks for creative thought. Maestro is known for spoiling the team
We believe in an inclusive environment