Senior WordPress Developer
Who we are
Maestro is a creative learning agency. Our purpose is to do good in the world by inspiring positive change through better learning experiences driven by creative strategy, design and technology. Maestro creates learning that empowers and inspires. We hire talented humans who are aligned with our purpose and truly care about the needs of our clients and everyone around them.
Who you are
Coming from a background in design and development, you think critically with both your analytical and creative mind in your approach to every project. You are a key contributor throughout the course of a project to push innovation, collaborate on design, and contribute your development perspective for the experience as a whole. You write efficient code with responsive CSS, semantic standards, pixel perfection, high speed, and accessibility prioritized. You are a master of your craft with 5+ years of experience in the industry and are able to consult on new technologies, troubleshoot anyone’s code, manage server issues, and are interested in leading a team of web developers. You are a passionate leader who problem solves and makes decisions with the long term team goals in mind.
What you’ll be doing on the Engineering Team
- Requirement gathering, ideating, creating and maintaining concepts to communicate potential solutions
- Advocate for collaborative design, design thinking, and an inclusive process from the very start of a project lifecycle
- Continually give and solicit feedback from others across a wide range of disciplines to achieve a rich perspective
- Write maintainable, standard-driven code
- Work on project teams to take an idea from concept to implementation
- Build and maintain a variety of high-traffic websites – landing pages, e-commerce shops, marketing websites in WordPress
- Write and maintain custom plugins and themes
- Work with Marketing Team to ensure the websites function properly for SEO and conduct SEO Audits to inform our content strategy
- Brainstorm alongside product owners and key stakeholders to identify the best project approach
- Collaborate with designers and developers to solve complex challenges
- Participate in feature estimation and scoping
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope
- Staying up to date on new technology and techniques and educating the team
- Maintaining Internal and client websites on a regular basis to keep all licenses and software up to date and error-free.
- Manage Google Analytics accounts and pull regular reports for existing clients and technical analysis in web strategy
Talents we’re looking for
- Strong portfolio with work samples showcasing expertise in web design and/or front-end development
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively, remain open to feedback, and know how and when to defend development decisions
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract and InVision
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform development
- Strong experience developing custom WordPress themes – PHP, Liquid
- Knowledge of the WP template hierarchy
- Experience with HTML5 APIs (canvas, audio, local storage)
- Experience with package managers (NPM)
- Very strong knowledge and experience of SEO implementation and strategy
- Base salary. We take your experience and talent level into great consideration
- Compensation package that includes medical, dental, life insurance and an optional 401k
- Work/Life Balance. Maestro takes pride in the incredible work ethic of our employees. Instead of a traditional vacation and/or sick leave policy, you have the freedom to take what you need.
- Remote First. Maestro recognizes that great talent and great work comes from any geography. Though there may be times and projects that require being in our headquarters, our team is free to work remote. We ensure you have the tools and resources to do your best work, wherever that might be from.
We believe that creating an inclusive workplace helps us create better work
Maestro is committed to making diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging a part of everything we do – from our employee experience to how we engage with our clients, users, and our community. Regardless of gender, gender identity, race, ability, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.