Quality Assurance Specialist – Contractor
Who we are
At Maestro, we are a group of high performers with a desire to never stop growing. Our aim is delivering high quality digital experiences for our clients that exceeds their expectations. We love working with people who are talented, curious, passionate and that above all else take ownership in everything they do.
Maestro is seeking a contract quality assurance specialist for a variety of ongoing and upcoming projects. We’re looking for someone who can commit to working part-time, between 10-20 hours a week. This is not a full-time position; work requirements and duration may vary depending on project needs. Regardless, we’re looking for the right combination of talent, chemistry, character, and passion.
Who you are
Has anyone ever told you that you have incredible attention to details? I thought so. You are a detail-oriented individual who can ensure that all software products meet expectations and are delivered bug-free. You have the confidence to work independently and the desire to learn about new technology even if it means completing repetitive testing for all supported browsers and devices. In fact, it makes you excited and motivates you to ask questions to ensure a full understanding of the software capabilities. You probably already have experience working with various mobile and tablet devices across browsers and OS versions. You are comfortable working closely with a team of product managers, designers, and software engineers to resolve issues and promote a culture of quality.
What you’ll be doing on the Software Team
- Conduct detailed, manual testing for all software products produced by Hive
- Quality assurance for custom software on mobile, tablet and desktop, and across various OS versions and devices
- Document issues and replication steps in writing using issue-tracking software, and work closely with the Project Manager
- Own the execution of test plans and scenarios for all software products
- Work with the Project Manager to launch new products and features successfully and bug-free
Talents we’re looking for
- Ability to communicate issues in writing to product managers and developers
- Technical background or experience in a customer-facing role is a plus
- Bonus if you have experience:
- with Appium or related software
- writing automated tests
- using Jira software
- Hourly rate depends on experience and talent level
- As a contractor, there would be the potential of additional work in the future
- Work/life balance. Life happens, and here you have the time and freedom to deal with it. We have flexible hours and are open to remote work, however our preference would be someone who could come into our office, when needed, for training and onboarding to projects
- Endless snacks for creative thought. Maestro is known for spoiling the team
We Believe in an Inclusive Environment
Maestro is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.