Content Marketing Internship – Writer
Who we are
At Maestro, we are a group of high performers with a desire to never stop growing. Our aim is delivering high quality digital experiences for our clients that exceeds their expectations. We love working with people who are talented, curious, passionate and that above all else take ownership in everything they do. We’re looking for the right combination of talent, chemistry, character, and passion.
Maestro is looking for a Content Marketing Writer to tackle our growing content needs for 20-40 hours/week. This internship program is primarily focused on writing blog posts for the Maestro team. Our needs are growing! So at the end of the internship, there is a re-evaluation process looking at the potential of more opportunities to work with Maestro such as possible full-time, extended internship, and contractor roles, if available. If this sounds like something that would bring you joy, keep on reading!
Who you are
You love making connections, especially if it’s through words. Which is probably why when you saw “content marketing” and “writer” in the same job title, you thought, “that’s me!” Your conversational writing is on point, you’re up for staying current on things like best practices for SEO, and talking about content marketing geeks you out. You might be enrolled in or graduated from a program in English, marketing, or journalism or you might not—either way you enjoy challenging yourself to write for various communication channels. You’re certainly no stranger to blogs, whitepapers, email campaigns, and social media. You’re known for being organized and efficient with your time, and it makes you proud to think that your work will have a direct impact on the success of the marketing efforts.
What you’ll be doing on the Marketing Team
- Work closely with our marketing director and content team
- Write (a ton of) blogs to support our campaigns
- Research and interview subject matter experts for content development
- Contribute to ideation for new content based on research and learnings
- Research, outline, and write a larger piece of content (whitepaper, eBook, guide, etc.)
- Dedicate at least 20 hours to this internship per week
Talents we’re looking for
- Dynamic writing skills, with an understanding that not all copy requires an academic writing style, but does benefit from being well-organized and easy to read
- Ability to quickly learn written standards and apply those standards to writing
- Insane attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Identifies as a self-motivated go-getter
- Confidence to contribute without being asked and bring fresh ideas to the team
- Bonus if you have prior experience in professional writing
- Hourly rate depends on experience and talent level
- Work/life balance. Life happens, and here you have the time and freedom to deal with it
- Endless snacks for creative thought. Maestro’s known for spoiling the team
We believe in an inclusive environment
Maestro is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.