3D Modeler Intern
Maestro is seeking a 3D modeler intern for a paid, summer-long program designed to expose the intern to real, client-facing work. We expect this internship to run from May through August 2020, but don’t worry—we can be flexible on the specifics.
Who we are
Maestro exists to help others perform beautifully. We believe that every problem can be impacted by design, technology, and people that care. That’s why we’ve packed these four walls with dreamers and doers ready to design meaningful experiences that help our partners, their people, and their brand perform beautifully. Our team works collaboratively to intentionally craft solutions for Branding & Marketing, Learning, Software, and Media.
Who you are
You are a free thinker who enjoys breathing life into sketches and concept art to create virtual worlds and characters. You are well versed with industry standard 3D modeling programs and tools. You want to work in a collaborative and encouraging environment that allows you to learn and participate on real projects while working alongside leading engineering talent.
What you’ll be doing on the Software Team
- Collaborate with designers and developers to build digital assets
- Interpret concept art and sketches to create virtual characters, environment, and props
- Prototype and iterate on characters and models based on team feedback
- Create textures and UV maps
- Rig models and characters for animation
- Dedicate at least 20 hours to this internship per week
Talents we’re looking for
- Ability to communicate or whiteboard through critical thinking exercises
- Critical eye for detail and good visualization skills
- Some familiarity with animation techniques
- Desire to pursue 3D design as a career
- Hourly compensation. We take your experience and talent level into great consideration
- Work/life balance. Life happens, and here you have the time and freedom to deal with it
- Endless snacks for creative thought. Maestro is known for spoiling the team
We believe in an inclusive environment